doTERRA Bergamot Essential Oil is the most beautifully aromatic of all citrus fruits.
Most surprising of Bergamot is its anti-viral properties and 100% success rate in combating the influenza virus. 2014 research from the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, showed that, in liquid form, Bergamot Essential Oil has a 100% success rate in fighting the influenza virus. Diffusing Bergamot Essential Oil for just 10 minutes was extremely effective in combating the influenza virus.
As with all citrus fruits, Bergamot is wonderful for the skin, promoting a clear complexion, as well as being great for the digestive system. Bergamot is the ingredient which turns black tea into Earl Grey tea.
Bergamot is loved for its spicy aroma and can be placed in a diffuser to induce creativity (along with Jasmine, Neroli and Frankincense). Italians have used Bergamot for years to reduce feelings of stress and to purify, cleanse, rejuvenate and soothe sore skin. In Greece, the unripe fruits are used as sweetmeats, eaten by the spoonful as a dessert or with coffee. Bergamot is unique among citrus oils due to its ability to be both uplifting and calming, making it ideal to help with anxious and sad feelings.
- Diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home when stress levels or tension is high.
- Apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma while enjoying its purifying skin benefits.
- Change regular tea to Earl Grey with the addition of Bergamot.
- Apply to the feet before bedtime or use with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Add one to two drops to your DIY skin care cleanser.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimise any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.