Melissa is one of the rarest oils - hence its price. Normally, expensive oils are only available for retail in a diluted form, like Jasmine, Neroli or Rose, but this Melissa is 100% pure. Also known as lemon balm, Melissa is the Greek for 'honey bee' which Melissa attracts due to its sweet, citrus-like fragrance. Melissa has a wide range of benefits and uses. Because of its positive uplifting scent, Melissa has long been used to help calm feelings of tension and promote a sense of centredness and balance. Diffusing Melissa at night can help create a restful sleep environment and promote emotional wellbeing. Melissa is also used as a flavour in teas and ice cream as well as with some fish dishes.
- Uplifting and invigorating for emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
- Calming soothing scent to promote feelings of emotional balance in tense times.
- Promote feelings of relaxation.
- Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest for feelings of calmness and to promote emotional well-being.
- Diffuse to create a relaxing environment before a restful night’s sleep.
- Add to moisturiser or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to revitalise the appearance of the skin and feel refreshed.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Food additive use: Add 1 or 2 drops to food.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.