What's so good about doTERRA essential oils?
- doTERRA essential oils are one of the purest and highest quality essential oils available on the market. They are so pure that you can actually ingest them and use them in your cooking - that's what hooked me in. Other essential oils you buy may advertise themselves as pure essential oils but they're not. For example, if you buy a bottle of lavender oil from a health food shop there's a high chance that it's not pure lavender oil - it will be diluted with a carrier oil such as almond or apricot oil because they're much cheaper. Almond oil is technically still an essential oil so they're able to advertise it as 100% essential oil but it won't be 100% lavender. doTERRA's essential oils are 100% pure lavender or 100% of whatever it says on the bottle - that's why they're more expensive because they're totally pure. It means that you also don't need to use as much and the majority of them you can use directly on your skin. Many of them are also suitable for pregnant women and babies but please seek advice on how to use them safely.
- Launched in 2008 with just 25 single oils and 10 oil blends, dōTERRA now offers over 130 different oils and is increasing its product offering all the time. As soon as it launched, the company received global recognition for the superb quality of its oils. Their strength, purity and potency are second to none and the oils are now stocked and sold around the world by aromatherapists, naturopaths, homeopaths and herbalists alike.
- The oils are sourced from over 40 countries around the world. Why? Quite simply because of the logical belief that if a plant is grown in its original and natural environment, the oil produced from it is likely to be of a higher quality and potency than if it is grown in a country foreign to it – regardless of how suitable the climate may be. Hence, dōTERRA’s Bergamot is from Sicily, its Vetiver from Haiti, its Frankincense from Somalia and Oman, and its Lavender is of course, from France.
- The company uses the gentlest, cleanest methods to extract and steam distill the oil and every single bottle is subjected to their rigorous quality control tests. dōTERRA devised the first Certified Pure Tested Grade, CPTG, system in the world for regulating the quality of essential oils and uses independent auditors to test the standard of the oil before it can be bottled.
- Not everything about doTERRA is perfect, but you can trust me to tell you what is and what isn’t and to steer you in the right direction. I research possible harmful side-effects of all ingredients and if I’m not happy with it, I won’t offer it on my website. I also encourage everyone to double check any chemical-sounding names they don’t like the look of, in the ingredients on the back of the shower and beauty products they already use – you’ll be horrified.
We can happily say that doTERRA's oils are the purest and most potent available and we invite you to take the sniff test - you can tell the difference immediately.
We chose doTERRA because we think they're the best and we feel we deserve that! We think you deserve the best too.
Please feel free to browse our website and take a look!